When you have an unprecedented days of lockdown staring at you, take it one day at a time. Instead of getting bogged down by the thought, take each of those days as an opportunity to build new skills, explore hobbies and do things you’ve always wanted to.
So here we present before you the coolest and most needy skill i.e. do it yourself beauty products at home during these quarantine days. Take these lockdown days a good opportunity to learn more things and also care for your skin. One of such DIY product is homemade BB cream.
BB cream is short for ‘blemish balm’ cream. They are specially formulated to act as a 3-in-1 foundation. Working together, the three elements of any flawless complexion should consist of foundation, primer, and moisturizer. BB Cream is your all-in-one daily foundation, cutting down three steps into one. BB cream is more lightweight than the usual cream foundation, it still offers medium to full coverage as a normal foundation! Its smoother texture also allows BB cream to function as a primer by evening out skin tone for flawless makeup application. It often contains moisturizing ingredients which can be a dream come true for those of you looking to cut down on steps in your daily beauty and skin care routine. What you need to know is that your skin is constantly absorbing everything it touches. That includes sunlight, pollution, and yes – even the skin care and makeup you put on your skin. The biggest perk of a natural BB cream is that you’re enjoying smooth coverage without the chemicals found in conventional cosmetics. Makeup should be as healthy as skin care, and skin care should come without any harmful toxins that can irritate the skin. So here is the easy step to make your own BB cream at home
- First take mildly pigmented talcum powder, also you can use little foundation if you want more coverage to your skin.
- Next take almond oil, since it is light, it absorbs quickly leaving the skin moisturized.
- Aloe Vera gel is the other ingredient, as it have anti-inflammatory effect, it reduces breakouts.
- Glycerin is used here to moisturize skin.
- Take bowl and add two tablespoon of talc, half tablespoon of glycerin, 4-5 drops of almond oil, ½ tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel and mix everything together to form a smooth paste. Apply little on your face and blend it well, allow it to settle. This would give mild coverage.
- You can also prepare this cream by simply adding talc, fair and lovely cream (or any face cream) and Aloe Vera gel until you get the necessary consistency
- If your skin tone is a little dark apply cocoa powder. Keep adding until it matches with your skin tone.
- Use small sterilized container to store this homemade BB cream.
- These can be used for 4-6 months if stored properly. The almond oil added will help to extent the expiry date further. Store it in room temperature and use whenever necessary.